How should I use a WOW hair oil?
Hair oiling is a traditional Ayurvedic technique that effectively treats your hair in just 30 minutes! A 10-15 minute scalp massage 1-2x a week is ideal for any hair oiling journey.
- Start by heating up the hair oil on the stove, or pouring into a glass jar and submerging into a bowl of hot water.
- Divide hair into 4-5 sections and gently work the oil throughout your strands. Massage oil with your fingertips into the scalp to boost blood circulation to the hair follicles and encourage healthy hair growth.
- Leave hair oil on for 30 min - 2 hours. You can also sleep with the oil on overnight.
- For maximum hydration, you can apply the hair oil and wrap hair in a hot towel for 20 minutes. Or apply the hair oil, wrap in plastic wrap or a plastic bag, and apply hot air from a blow dryer for 15-20 minutes. Or apply the hair oil, tie your hair into an updo and work out. Your body heat will open up the hair cuticles and allow for deeper hydration.
- Shampoo as usual and finish with a cold water rinse to seal the cuticles for added shine.